Southern States Multifamily Portfolio
Benefits of the Investment
- Market Diversity: Combining properties from multiple markets balances and reduces potential risk that a single market could endure.
- Customized Repositioning: To increase occupancy and overall income generated, each property will receive a custom-tailored business plan with targeted physical or operational improvements such as property management and marketing.
- Low Cost Basis: By combining multiple low cost properties, there is an opportunity to realize additional profit through competitive rental rates and eventual sale of the Portfolio.
Location and Employment
- The Portfolio has three properties with 607 units combined: “Twickenham” and “Hillside” properties is in Huntsville, AL and “Gardens of Canal Park” is in Robinsonville, MS.
- Twickenham and Hillside sit two miles north of Redstone Arsenal, a U.S. Army post with an average workforce of 40,000. Huntsville is home to Marshall Space Flight Center — the largest NASA complex — which supports more than 16,000 jobs.
- Robinsonville is the sixth largest gaming market in the U.S., employing 5,500 people and attracts visitors from nearby Memphis. Expanding beyond gaming, there have been a growing number of manufacturing jobs due to aggressive tax incentives.
Increasing Property and Rental Value
- Twickenham & Hillside will receive professional property management and substantial physical improvements, including exterior renovations, interior unit upgrades and renovations to common areas.
- Gardens of Canal Park will undergo an operational overhaul. This includes focusing on experienced property management to attract and ensure maximum rental occupancy.